The full programme for the 11th annual British & Irish Film Festival Luxembourg (BIFFL) has been announced and includes no less than eight (8) Irish (co-)productions, of which two are in Irish (with EN sub-titles). All 8 films will have post-screening Q&As, with 7 of these with the director/actors joining online, and just the Luxembourg co-production having the director, co-producer and members of the cast in attendance.
The festival brochure/programme is available to be posted to you FREE-OF-CHARGE – just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address.
- Sat 19 Sep @ Ciné Utopia @ 19:00: A Bump Along the Way (NI, 95 mins) by Shelly Love (Q&A with producer Louise Gallagher and actor Bronagh Gallagher)
- Sun 20 Sep @ Ciné Utopia @ 16:30: The Tribe of Gods (IE, FR, 92 mins) by Loïc Jourdain – in Irish with EN sub-titles (Q&A with film-maker Loïc Jourdain)
- Mon 21 Sep @ Cinémathèque @ 20:30: The Last Right (IE, 106 mins) by Aoife Crehan (Q&A with director/writer Aoife Crehan)
- Tue 22 Sep @ Cinémathèque @ 20:30: The Castle (IE, LT, 115 mins) by Lina Luzyte (Q&A with director/co-writer Lina Luzyte)
- Wed 23 Sep @ Cinémathèque @ 20:30: Arracht (IE, 86 mins) by Tom Sullivan – in Irish with EN sub-titles (Q&A with actor Seán T. Ó Meallaigh)
- Thurs 24 Sep @ Cinémathèque @ 20:30: Bruno (IE, EN, 94 mins) by Karl Golden (Q&A with actor Diarmaid Murtagh)
- Fri 25 Sep @ Cinémathèque @ 20:30: Breaking Ice (IE, 70 mins) by Jason Branagan (Q&A with director Jason Branagan)
- Sat 26 Sep @ Kinepolis-Kirchberg @ 19:00: Awards & The Racer (IE, LU, BE, 97 mins) by Kieron J. Walsh (Q&A with co-producer Jesus Gonsalez and director Kieron J. Walsh.
- Tue 8 Sep @ Ciné Utopia @ 19:00: The Personal History of David Copperfield (EN, US, 119 mins) by Armando Iannucci – a number of tickets for this Avant-Premier which is outside the main festival are available
- Fri 18 Sep @ Ciné Utopia @ 19:00: The High Note (EN, US, CH, 113 mins) by Nisha Ganatra
- Fri 18 Sep @ Ciné Utopia @ 21:30: Strange But True (EN, CA, 95 mins) by Rowan Athale
- Sat 19 Sep @ Ciné Utopia @ 16:30: Sulphur & White (EN, 121 mins) by Julian Jarrold (Q&A with director Julian Jarrold)
- Sat 19 Sep @ Ciné Utopia @ 21:30: I See You (EN, US, 96 mins) by Adam Randall
- Sun 20 Sep @ Ciné Utopia @ 19:30: The Keeper (EN, DE, 120 mins) by Marcus H. Rosenmüller
Tickets cost €9 (plus admin fee) from www.luxembourg-ticket.lu, with Season Special Tickets (€35 for 5 films) and Ticket Bundles (€15 for 2 films; €20 for 3 films) available from tel: 470895-1. Some tickets may be available for purchase at the door of some screenings, but cannot be guaranteed.
In addition to the screenings:
- an Online Seminar entitled “Short Films: Business or Pleasure” takes place on Wednesday 23 September @ 18:00 – 19:00 (free entry; in collaboration with the Ireland-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce (ILCC) – register by email: email@example.com); and
- a Film Quiz is being organised on Wednesday 14 October @ 19:00, online (tables of 2-4, €15/person) – register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The British & Irish Film Festival Luxembourg (BIFFL) is organised by G-Media sarl with the support of the Irish Club of Luxembourg.
See www.bifilmseason.lu for full details (synopses, trailers, events, etc.).