THIS IS NOW SOLD OUT
To mark World Cancer Day, and to raise funds for the Luxembourg Cancer Foundation, there will be a Scottish/Irish Cèilidh featuring Kitchen Quartet on 3rd February 2018.
The event will take place on 3rd February from 7pm at the Centre Culturel Altrimenti, Centre Convict, 5 avenue Marie-Thérèse, L-2132 Luxembourg. You won’t have to dance, but if you’re keen to try and don’t know how, our experts will help you. There will be a cash bar provided by Altrimenti. All money raised will be donated to the Cancer Foundation.
If you’d like to join us, please reserve a ticket.
David Munnelly is playing a concert on 23 January 2018 at the Centre Culturel Altrimenti (near the Pont Adolphe)
He delivers the musical pure drop but extra distilled with exotic flavours added
Really well worth catching – highly recommended
Ticket price: 20.-€
Doors open at 20:00
Legendary Mayo Box Player David Munelly plays in the Foyer Europeen
on Saturday 11 November 2017
Admission EUR 10; free for members
Classes for children take place every Saturday afternoon at Old St Georges school in Weimershof given by Shauna Sweeney and Claire Fitzpatrick. Classes are streamed based on age / experience and start from 6 years of age.
Adult classes are held at Happy Fitness on Thursday evenings from 19h00 – 21h00 and are streamed according to experience. The classes are given by Claire Fitzpatrick.
Contact us for more information using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 8th annual British & Irish Film Season (BIFS) is running from Sept 20 to Sept 30 – synopses of all the films are available online at http://www.bifilmseason.lu/current-season
There is also a Film Quiz on Monday 21 September at 18:30 at the Cinémathèque. Entry €15/person (teams of 4).
The Irish films include:
- Wed 20 Sep @ 19:00 @ Ciné Utopia #2: Opening Speeches & MAUDIE, by Aisling Walsh
- Thu 21 Sep @ 20:30 @ Cinémathèque: WRITING HOME, by Nagham Abboud, Alekson L. Dall’Armellina and Miriam Velasco
- Fri 22 Sep @ 20:30 @ Cinémathèque: THE SECRET SCRIPTURE, by Jim Sheridan
- Sat 23 Sep @ 21:30 @ Ciné Utopia #3: HANDSOME DEVIL, by John Butler
- Sun 24 Sep @ 19:00 @ Ciné Utopia #3: AITHRI / PENANCE, by Tom Collins (in Gaeilge & English, with EN sub-titles)
- Mon 25 Sep @ 19:00 @ Kinepolis Kirchberg #4: THE FARTHEST, by Emer Reynolds
- Tue 26 Sep @ 18:30 @ Ciné Utopia #2: PILGRIMAGE, by Brendan Muldowney (in Gaeilge, English & French, with EN sub-titles)
We round off our Summer School week with a free outdoor ceili on 4th August at
The Black Stuff Pub – Luxembourg
15 Val de Hamm, Pulvermühle
Live music from 20h.